How difficult it is sometimes to find the motivation to achieve your goals! Romy, coach and sophrologist, reveals some tips to achieve this.
Motivation is a stimulus that sets a person in motion and thereby causes effective action.What are the important points that should not be overlooked in order to make the most of your motivation and turn it into a source of pleasure?
Get to know yourself well.
Knowing who you are is one of the keys to self-motivation. This makes it possible to define real objectives in the short, medium and long term. It is therefore important:
- to know what you like and, conversely, what you don't like;
- to follow your own path and not that of others;
- to expand your comfort zone, to push yourself to go where you wouldn't go spontaneously;
- to know how to question oneself;
- to take stock of its strengths and weaknesses in order to be able to get the best of each of them; to try new activities to broaden their experiences.
Take control of your emotions.
- Thanks to sport: physical activity allows you to surpass yourself, let off steam and develop your self-confidence.
- Thanks to meditation: working on your interiority gradually leads to letting go and a better awareness of your body and mind.
- Through breathing: this is a weapon that will always be close at hand. Exercises based on inspiration, expiration and air retention are very effective in clarifying your mind and therefore being more serene in the face of daily aggressions.
It is essential to keep in mind what is good for your body and mind, such as eating a balanced diet, getting enough sleep at the correct times, practicing physical activity ... This is what allows you to maintain good hygiene. life every day.
Define an objective.
It is important to know your priorities and to determine one or more well-defined objectives. Indeed, it boosts motivation and increases strength tenfold.
Once the goal (s) have been found, you have to stay focused on the path to take to reach the top.
Where does the motivation come from?
- Of oneself = voluntary commitment out of passion.
- From external sources = need for recognition, attention from others.
- In this case, it is essential to know how to surround yourself well.
- These two sources can be combined. Note that it is more complicated to maintain regular motivation when it comes only from others, because they are not always by our side.
The desire to do well is a powerful engine.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
How to develop motivation?
- By interacting with other people.
- Listening to music ; considered as a doping agent during competitions, it is a very good source of motivation.
- By letting oneself be inspired by landscapes, people, paintings ... to feel free.
- By listening to podcasts or reading texts on subjects related to his goal.
To stay motivated, it is important to know how to be organized. Here are some tips to achieve this:
List step by step the steps that will allow you to reach yourgoal and create a routine around these.
- Motivation has an appetitive function: for it to become natural, it is important to work on it.
- Be as constant as possible so that the mind gets used to it.
- Learn to be patient: If you're feeling unmotivated, don't look at the top. Be organized. Your goal may not be achievable quickly, but every little step matters.
I hope these points have helped you find YOUR motivation.
It's no secret that the more clearly your goal and the more assertive your character, the more infallible your determination will be.
And remember: "Following the path that is called later, we come to the place that is never called. "(Seneca)
Motivation is the source of life.
Romy Sublet / Sports coach and state-certified sophrologist.